Kasuri Methi Murg Masala
By Arpita © 2016 Spicy World
Oct 5, 2015
I made this dish yesterday and it was a blast. So, I am sharing this recipe with you. Please give it a try and let me know about your experience.
- Chicken medium size 10-15 pieces with bone.
- 1 big onion thinly sliced.
- 2 Teaspoons ginger and garlic paste.
- 1 small chopped tomato.
- 3 green chilies.
- 5 Teaspoons hung curd.
- Methi / fenugreek seeds 1 Teaspoon.
- Turmeric powder 2 Teaspoon.
- Cumin powder 1 Teaspoon.
- Coriander powder 1 Teaspoon.
- Black pepper powder 1 Teaspoon.
- Kasuri methi / dry fenugreek leaves 2 Teaspoon.
- Salt and sugar.
- Mustard oil 5 Teaspoon.
- Warm water.
- Wash the chicken pieces and marinate with hung curd, some salt, 1 Teaspoon turmeric powder and 1 Teaspoon black pepper powder.
- Keep the marinated chicken in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Then heat mustard oil in a pan.
- Add methi / fenugreek seeds in hot oil. Saute it for 1-2 minutes. When the aroma starts to come remove the seeds from oil. We need only the flavour of methi. Dont burn the seeds in oil because it will make the dish bitter.
- Then add sliced onion in flavoured hot oil. Fry it for 7-8 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic paste. Mix this for 3 minutes.
- Then add chopped tomato and 1 Teaspoon salt. Cook this for 5 minutes.
- When the tomato become mushy add (turmeric, cumin, coriander) powder, pinch of sugar and green chilies. Cook this for 4 minutes.
- When the oil starts separate add marinated chicken. Mix this very well in high flame for 6 minutes.
- Then cover the pan, turn the flame to medium and cook this for 25 minutes. Chicken will loose its own juice.
- Stir the curry twice in between. If the chicken becomes dry add some warm water.
- Check the seasoning and adjust it according to your taste. The chicken should be done 100%.
- Lastly take kasuri methi / dry fenugreek leaves in your palms, crush it and add in the curry. Mix it for 2 minutes.
- Then turn of the gas and let it rest for 5 minutes.
Your Kasuri Methi Murg Masala is ready ...
- Enjoy this hot with naan, roti or rice ...
All Images and Recipes are copyrighted to Spicy World.
For more recipes visit us at http://spicyworld.in