By Arpita © 2016 Spicy World
Nov 4, 2015
I do have someone in my home who wants to eat my handmade 'chicken biriyani' once in a week. I make this biriyani not too much rich and spicy but with some mild flavours and tendor chicken pieces. I do not like any side with my biriyani because I only want to enjoy those flavours of biriyani. For him I make 'korma'/'chaaap'/'kosha' etc. Enjoy your weekend with a full plate of homemade warm Biriyani.
- Chicken leg pieces 4.
- Basmati rice 4 cups.
- Two small potatoes.
- One onion sliced.
- Ginger and garlic paste 2 Teaspoon.
- Curd 4 Teaspoon.
- Biriyani masala 4 Teaspoon.( from any indian store).
- Cumin seed 1 Teaspoon.
- Green cardemom 5.
- Six cloves.
- One star anis.
- One small cinnamon stick.
- Yellow food colour.
- Two green chilies.
- Clarified butter/ghee 8 Teaspoons.
- 2 Teaspoons kewra water.
- Salt and sugar.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with curd, ginger and garlic paste for 3 hours.
- Take a pan. Heat 4 Teaspoons ghee.
- Add sliced onion. Fry it till golden brown.
- Add marinated chicken. Miw it well.
- Add salt, biriyani masala, green chilies and potato. Mix it very well for 5 minutes.
- Now add some luke warm water and cook this until potatoes and chicken are fully done.
- Dont make it too much runny or dry. Make some thick gravy .
- Turn of the gas.
- Now wash the basmati rice in cold water very well.
- Boil some water with cumin seeds, green cardemom, cloves, cinnamon stick, star anis and 4 Teaspoons salt.
- Add the rice in boiling water. Chech the rice every two minutes.
- When the rice 80% done drain the water.
- Now take vessel. Dont turn on the gas. Put 1 Teaspoon ghee.
- Then put a layer of cooked chicken with some gravy, then a layer of rice. Repeat the process twice. Add 3 Teaspoons ghee, 2 Teaspoons of kewra water and a pinch of yellow food color on top of rice.
- Cover the vessel with a very tight lid. Turn on the gas and keep the vessel on gas for 20 minutes in medium flame.
- Then turn off the gas and keep it uncover for another 10 minutes. After that open the vessel.
Your chicken biriyani is ready .... Enjoy ...!!
- Serve hot with raita, gravy or any type of curry.
All Images and Recipes are copyrighted to Spicy World.
For more recipes visit us at http://spicyworld.in