By Arpita © 2016 Spicy World
Oct 30, 2015
One of the famous street food from Kolkata is 'egg roll'. A flaky paratha, a layer of egg and lots of veggies with sauces will never fail to satisfy your appetite. There are so many varities of roll like 'egg-chicken roll', 'mutton roll', 'paneer roll', 'egg-mutton roll' etc. They all are very yummy and easy to make. Try this in your kitchen and let me know about your story.
- For paratha
- 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- 2 Teaspoons white oil.
- 4 Teaspoons curd or yogurt.
- Warm water.
- For layering and filling
- 3 eggs.
- 1 cup cucumber thinly sliced.
- 1 cup onion thinly sliced.
- 3 green chilies chopped.
- 3 Tablespoons green chutney.
- 3 Tablespoons chili sauce.
- 3 Teaspoons tomato ketchup.
- Put flour, little salt, oil and curd in a bowl. Mix it with your hand very well for 2 minutes.
- Then add little by little warm water and mix it. Make a semi soft dough. Knead the dough for 4 minutes and cover with a damp cloth for 15 minutes.
- Now take a small portion in your palm. Shape it like a ball. Dip it in the flour and flatten it to 3-4 inch with rolling pin.
- Heat a tawa / frying pan for 2 minutes.
- Place the paratha in the hot tawa for 2 minutes.
- Turn the side and give it another 2 minutes. Remove it from the pan. You will need half-cooked paratha.
- Now heat 3 Tablespoons of white oil in a pan.
- Beat a egg with pinch of salt and add in the hot oil. Immediately place the half cooked paratha on the egg because it will stick to the egg.
- After 3 minutes of frying turn it to the other side and give it another 3 minutes. After that remove it from the pan.
- I mentioned 3 eggs because you can make 3 rolls out of the ingredients.
- Now as a filling first spread 1 table spoon green chutney, then some cucumber and onion slices, some green chilies and lastly add 2 sauces.
- Roll the paratha and secure one side with paper towel (take a look at the picture).
Your yummy Egg roll is ready ...
- Enjoy this hot with your family ...
All Images and Recipes are copyrighted to Spicy World.
For more recipes visit us at http://spicyworld.in