Dahi Chicken (Ma's recipe)
By Arpita © 2016 Spicy World
Oct 11, 2015
"Lajawab" is the only compliment about mom's recipe. My mom make this dish in a very easy and simple way. But it tastes delicious. You will need very few ingredients for this dish. This the best recipe for teenagers because its very easy to make.
- 10-15 with bone chicken pieces.
- 1 large onion thinly sliced.
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- 5 table spoon hung curd.
- 2 Teaspoons black pepper powder.
- 3 green chilies.
- 1 Teaspoon fenugreek leave powder.
- 4 table spoon white oil.
- Wash the chicken pieces very well and marinate with hung curd, black pepper powder and some salt. Keep it for 3-4 hours.
- Take a pan. Heat white oil.
- Add chopped garlic. Saute it for 2 minutes.
- Add sliced onion. Cook this for 4 minutes. Do not make the onion brown.
- Then add the marinated chicken. Stir this well. Cover the pan and cook it in slow flame for 10 minutes.
- Chicken will loose lots of water.
- Then add green chilies. Cook this until the chicken is 100% done.
- Check the seasoning. Adjust it according to your taste. You can add some warm water if the chicken dries out.
- Lastly add fenugreek leave powder. Mix it and cover the pan for 2 minutes. Then serve it.
Your Dahi chicken is ready ...
- Enjoy this hot with roti ...
All Images and Recipes are copyrighted to Spicy World.
For more recipes visit us at http://spicyworld.in