By Arpita © 2016 Spicy World
Oct 1, 2015
When you are in a mood of healthy eating, just give it a try ... You will find peace during eating this khichdi because it has some mild flavours and healthy ingredients. This is a meal which you can not ignore.
- Fresh spinach leaves 2 cups.
- 1 cup of rice.
- 1 cup of yellow lentils (moong daal).
- 1 small onion chopped.
- 1 Teaspoon chopped ginger.
- 2 Teaspoons chopped garlic.
- 1 chopped tomato.
- 2 chopped green chilies.
- 1 Teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 1 Teaspoon garam masala powder.
- 1 dry red chili.
- 4 cloves.
- 1 small cinnamon stick.
- ½ Teaspoons asafetida.
- 1 Teaspoon cumin seeds.
- 2 Teaspoons chopped coriander leaves.
- 4 Teaspoons ghee / clarified butter.
- Salt and sugar.
- Some warm water.
- Wash the rice and lentils very well.
- Boil the rice and lentils together with some salt and 1 Teaspoon turmeric powder. Keep it aside.
- Then make a pure of fresh spinach leaves with some water. Keep this aside.
- Now take pan and heat 2 Teaspoons ghee.
- Add 1 Teaspoon of chopped garlic and ½ Teaspoon of ginger. Saute it for a minute.
- Then add chopped onion. Fry this for 6 minutes.
- Then add chopped tomatoes, green chilies, salt and a pinch of sugar. Cook this for another 6 minutes.
- When this masala starts to separate oil add the spinach pure. Stir it well and cook this without cover for 7 minutes.
- Then add the boiled rice and lentil (kichdi). Mix it well.
- The consistency should be a little bit of runny like the picture. So add some warm water if you need to.
- Add a Teaspoons of garam masala. Mix the entire thing very well. Check the seasoning. Then keep aside.
- For tempering take another pan. Heat the remaining ghee. Ghee should be very hot.
- Add cumin seeds, dry red chili, asafetida, cloves, cinnamon stick, remaing chopped ginger and garlic, coriander leaves one by one but quickly. Mix it for 1 minute.
- Then add this tempering into the khichdi. Mix it 1 last time and cover with a lid for 5 minutes before serving.
Your palak kichdi is ready ...
- Serve this hot with any type of fried items.
All Images and Recipes are copyrighted to Spicy World.
For more recipes visit us at http://spicyworld.in