Aloo Posto (Potato with Poppy seed gravy)
By Arpita © 2016 Spicy World
Sep 21, 2015
Whenever you are going to describe anything about Bengali, you have to mention 'posto'/poppy seeds. They make planty of dishes with posto like 'piyaj posto', 'potol posto', 'posto bora' etc and they all are my favourite dishes. 'Aloo Posto' is one of the popular item among the posto category. You will love to eat this with hot plain rice and daal.
- Three potatoes cut into cubes.
- Poppy seeds 5 Teaspoon.
- Six cashews.
- Nigella seeds 1 pinch.
- Two green chilies.
- Turmeric powder 2 Teaspoon.
- One dry red chili.
- Salt and sugar.
- Mustard oil 4 Teaspoon.
- Warm water.
- Soak the poppy seeds and cashews in some water for 2 hours.
- Make a fine paste of poppy seeds, cashews, one green chili and some water. Keep aside.
- Take a pan. Heat mustard oil.
- Then add nigella seeds and dry red chili. Saute it for 30 seconds.
- Add the potato cubes. Fry this for 3 minutes.
- Then add turmeric powder, some salt and pinch of sugar. Mix this for another 3 minutes.
- Then add the poppy seed paste. Mix this and cook it for 6 minutes.
- Now add the green chili and some warm water. Cook this for 20 minutes in slow flame.
- After that check the potatoes and gravy should be very thick.
- Turn of your gas.
Your aloo posto is ready ...
- Serve this hot with plain rice ...
All Images and Recipes are copyrighted to Spicy World.
For more recipes visit us at http://spicyworld.in