By Arpita © 2016 Spicy World
Sep 23, 2015
In Bengali's weekdays lunch menu fish has to be there. There is a say 'mache-bhate-bangali' indicates our common meal is fish curry and rice. This is a special dish for party, occasions or gatherings. Macher kaliya goes very well with sweet pulao, fried rice or even plain rice.
- Rohu fish 4 pcs.
- Brown onion 1 cup.
- Ginger and garlic paste 1 Teaspoon.
- Hunk curd 4 Teaspoon.
- Turmeric powder 2 Teaspoon.
- Cumin powder 1 Teaspoon.
- Coriander powder 1 Teaspoon.
- Red chili powder 1 Teaspoon.
- Salt and sugar.
- One bay leaf.
- Three cloves.
- Three green cardemom.
- One small cinnamon stick.
- Mustard oil 7 Teaspoons and Ghee 1 Teaspoon.
- One green chili.
- Warm water.
- Marinate the fish pieces with salt and 1 Teaspoon of turmeric powder for 20 minutes.
- Take a pan and heat mustard oil.
- Put the marinated fish pieces one by one and fry both side till it become red. Then keep aside.
- Make a paste of brown onion and hunk curd.
- In the same oil add bay leaf, green cardemom, cloves, cinnamon stick. Saute it for a minute.
- Then add the ginger and garlic paste. Fry it for 2 minutes.
- Then add the onion paste. Cook it for 10 minutes.
- Then add all mentioned spice powder, salt, sugar. Cook this for 6 minutes.
- Then add the fried fish pieces, green chili and some water. Cook the fish with gravy for another 10 minutes.
- Turn off your gas and add 1 Teaspoon ghee on top.
Your fish kaliaa is ready ...
- Serve hot with plain rice ...
All Images and Recipes are copyrighted to Spicy World.
For more recipes visit us at http://spicyworld.in