Simple Murgir Jhol (Chicken Curry)
By Arpita © 2020 Spicy World
Sep 22, 2015
I am an inborn chicken lover. During summer it is not always healthy to eat spicy chicken preparations. For this reason my mom used to make this simple jhol / curry for me. It tastes really good with plain hot rice or plain roti. Give it a try.
- Chicken 10-15 pcs.
- One big onion finely chopped.
- One tomato chopped.
- Ginger and garlic paste 2 Teaspoon.
- Whole spices (1 bay leaf, 1 Teaspoon cumin seeds, 2 green cardamoms, 5 whole black pepper).
- Spice powder (turmeric 3 Teaspoon, cumin 1 Teaspoon, coriander 1 Teaspoon, red chili 1 Teaspoon).
- Two green chilies.
- Salt and sugar.
- Mustard oil 6 Teaspoon.
- Warm water.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with 2 Teaspoons turmeric powder, 1 Teaspoon red chili powder, 2 Teaspoons mustard oil and some salt. Keep aside for 2 hours.
- Take a pan. Heat the remaining mustard oil.
- Add 2 Teaspoons of sugar. Caramalize it.
- Then add the whole spices. Saute it for a minute.
- Add the chopped onion. Fry this till it gets golden.
- Then add ginger and garlic paste. Mix it for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and some salt. Cook this for 10 minutes in slow flame.
- Then add all mentioned spice powder. Mix it and cook this another 7 minutes.
- When the oil starts separating add the marinated chicken. Mix it very well.
- First cook this chicken in high flame for 7 minutes. Then reduce the flame to medium and cook this with lid for 15 minutes.
- You can see chicken will release its own juices.
- Then add 2 cups of warm water and green chilies. Cook this for another 25 minutes.
- Check the chicken. Gravy should be runny.
Your simple chicken curry is ready ...
- Serve this hot with plain roti or rice ...
All Images and Recipes are copyrighted to Spicy World.
For more recipes visit us at http://spicyworld.in