By Arpita © 2016 Spicy World
Oct 25, 2015
This recipe happened by mistake last week. I know what you are thinking!! But I will never regret about this mistake because it turned out delicious. Let me tell you the story first. Last week I took an attempt to make 'sondesh', but the taste came out very less sweeter. I got panicked and immediately called my only life saver 'mom'. She adviced me to follow the process of 'rosmalai'. In rosmalai we put 'rosogolla' in kheer and in my case, I put 'sondesh' in kheer. Magically it became a new, frequently demanded dessert to my family. 'Makhmali' means very soft in hindi. 'Sondesh' will become very soft after adding it in kheer, that's why I named it 'makhmali sondesh'.
- For Sondesh
- 1 liter full fat milk.
- 2 lemons.
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar.
- 3 Tablespoons sugar.
- 2 Tablespoons milk powder.
- 2 Teaspoons ghee / clarified butter.
- For Kheer
- 4 cups of full fat milk.
- half cup of condensed milk.
- 5 Tablespoons of heavy cream.
- Few drops of vanilla essence.
- Boil 1 liter milk in a vessel. When it starts boiling add the juices of 2 lemon and vinegar. Turn off the heat.
- Milk will curdle and drain the curdled milk in a maslin cloth.
- Now wash the curdled milk / chana very well in cold water. It will reduce the acidness.
- Squeeze all the water from the chana. You can also put a weight on the chana for 30 minutes. The water will drain out.
- Then take the chana in a plate and knead it with your palm for 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar, milk powder and 1 Teaspoon ghee in the chana. Again knead it for 5 minutes. The texture will become smooth.
- Greece a microwave proof bowl with 1 Teaspoon ghee.
- Now place the chana in that bowl and spread it like a layer.
- Put it in microwave for 3 minutes. After it comes down to room temperature let it rest for another 15 minutes in fridge.
- Then cut it in small cubes and you will get your 'sondesh'.
- For the kheer boil 4 cups of milk in a pan. Keep stirring the milk. When it will reduce to half add condensed milk. Mix it very well for 10 minutes.
- Then add the heavy cream. Again mix it. When the kheer become thick add those sondesh into it. Cook this for another 4 minutes.
- Turn off your heat and add vanilla essence. Cover the pan and let it rest for 5 minutes.
Your Makhmali Sondesh is ready ...
- Enjoy this dessert chill or hot after some spicy meal ...
All Images and Recipes are copyrighted to Spicy World.
For more recipes visit us at http://spicyworld.in