Dahi Dhuan Chicken
By Arpita © 2020 Spicy World
Oct 23, 2015
It's always very hard for me to make as usual meal like 'daal, sabji' on weekend. I am sure you will get delicious aroma of spicy dishes from my kitchen almost every weekend. Last weekend 'charcoal' flavour was coming out from a new chicken preparation. Yes, its 'dahi dhuan chicken'. If you like to eat dhaba foods then you will become a fan of this dish. It has a thick rich gravy, nice crunch of onion and appetizing smokey flavour. Just close your eyes and go for it.
- 10-12 medium size with bone chicken pieces.
- 1 onion finely chopped.
- 2 Teaspoons ginger and garlic paste.
- 2 green chilies.
- 1 cup hung curd.
- 2 Teaspoons turmeric powder.
- 1 Teaspoon red chili powder.
- 1 Teaspoon coriander powder.
- 1 Teaspoon garam masala powder.
- Salt and sugar.
- 7 Teaspoons white oil.
- Warm water.
- Some finely chopped mint leaves.
- 7-8 raw onion rings.
- 1 small charcoal.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with half cup of hung curd for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add chopped onion. Fry it for 6-7 minutes.
- Then add ginger and garlic paste. Mix this very well for 3 minutes.
- Now add the marinated chicken. Mix the entire thing in high flame for 6 minutes.
- Then add all mentioned powder one by one, salt and 1 Teaspoon sugar. Mix very well for 5 minutes in medium flame.
- Add little water and green chilies. Mix this and cook it in slow flame for 25 minutes.
- The gravy should be thick and chicken should be tendor.
- Place the charcoal upon the flame of your another burner for 2 minutes.
- Now beat the remaining curd very well and spread some upon the chicken as layer.
- Add chopped mint leaves and onion rings one by one as layer.
- Lastly place a steel bowl / aluminium foil on top and put the hot charcoal into it. Drizzle 2-3 drops of oil over the coal, it will creat the smoke and cover the pan with a tight lid.
- Reduce the temperature to low and give it 5 minutes to absorb the smokey flavour.
- After that turn off the heat and let it rest for another 5 minutes. Then remove the lid, charcoal piece from the pan and serve hot.
Your Dahi Dhuan Chicken is ready ...
- Enjoy this special dish with plain roti / naan / paratha ...
All Images and Recipes are copyrighted to Spicy World.
For more recipes visit us at http://spicyworld.in