Mutton Tarka (Dhaba Style)
By Arpita © 2016 Spicy World
Oct 15, 2015
In India 'dhaba' means roadside food joints. They offer delicious and spicy meals. Among all of their meals, 'tarka-roti' is the famous one. I once ate 'Mutton Tarka' from them and it was super tasty. Last week I try this tarka recipe and reveal that it tastes exactly like 'dhaba tarka'. Just follow the recipe and impress your family.
- 1 medium bowl of minced mutton.
- 2 small bowl of whole moong lentil.
- 1 big onion finely chopped.
- 2 Teaspoons ginger and garlic paste.
- 1 big tomato finely chopped.
- 4 green chilies.
- Spice powder (1 Teaspoon cumin, 2 Teaspoons coriander, 1 Teaspoon turmeric, 1 Teaspoon garam masala).
- 2 Teaspoons dry fenugreek leaves.
- 1 small bowl of freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- 6 Teaspoons of mustard oil.
- 1 cube of butter.
- half boil the minced mutton and green lentil separately in pressure cooker with some water and salt. Keep them aside.
- Now take a pan. Heat mustard oil.
- Add chopped onion. Fry them till golden brown.
- Add ginger and garlic paste. Mix it for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomato, green chilies and some salt. Cook this until tomatoes become mushy.
- Now add all of the spice powder. Mix it very well for 3 minutes.
- Then add boiled mutton. Cook it for 10 minutes in medium flame.
- Then add boiled lentil. Cook this for another 10 minutes.
- Now crush the fenugreek leaves by your palms and add into the tarka. Mix it.
- Then add chopped coriander leaves and mix this very well.
- Turn off your gas and put the butter on top.
Your Mutton Tarka (Dhaba Style) is ready ...
- Enjoy this hot with roti, naan ...
All Images and Recipes are copyrighted to Spicy World.
For more recipes visit us at http://spicyworld.in